So Proud of You! (Vol 2. No. 1)Jan 01, 2022
Happy New Year Amor!
I am so proud of us. Here we (BIPOC, women, and LGBTQ+ folk) are talking dinero sin vergüenza. Here we are increasing our financial literacy, net worth and money confianza poco a poco.
We could have followed societal norms and avoid talking politics, money, and sex but we understand that what isn't discussed is being used to limit us and we chose to be limitless.
Collectively we have accomplished the following in 2021:
- Opened a Roth IRA account and set up automatic contributions
- Calculated how much money we need to have invested in order to become work optional
- Decreased credit card debt
- Saved an emergency fund
- Saved for a house down payment
- Bought real estate
- Attended therapy to get support with our mental health
- Welcomed new additions to our growing families
- Learned to navigate being a working parent during a global pandemic
- Invested in a Target Date Retirement Fund or created a Three-Index Fund Portfolio
- Used stimulus checks to make extra payments towards debt or extra contributions to savings/investment accounts
- Stood up to "financial advisors" who were providing us with misinformation, didn't value our business, and/or were not honoring our values
- Purchased term life insurance
- Became landlords
- Increased our cash flow with side hustles
- Increased our credit scores
- Cash flowed vacations
- Got a promotion or a higher-paying job
- Accepted we needed help with improving our finances
- Invested in our joy by intentionally spending on hobbies, good meals, and new exercise equipment
- Paid off our auto loans
- Supported others with a Loved One Emergency Fund
- And so much more!
Did I miss something that you accomplished? How do you want to evolve financially in 2022? Hit the reply button and let me know so I can cheer you on and make sure that my future emails keep you motivated and educated on your financial journey!
I am excited to see what we will learn, overcome, and accomplish in 2022. May we continue to build wealth juntos!
Todo con tiempo,