You have to unlearn a lot of 💩! (Vol. 2 No. 2)Jan 22, 2022
There comes a point in your financial journey when you have increased your financial literacy so much that you alone can create the financial plan that puts you on a path to becoming work optional.
You will have a budget that feels sustainable, the fully funded-emergency fund, the investment accounts that you automatically fund each month, your high-interest debt paid off, and the self-trust to make financial decisions that lead to your financial security.
But before you get to that point, you are going to have to unlearn a lot of 💩.
This is going to require you to question the thoughts that limit your ability to grow financially.
- I'm not good with money.
- A good parent should buy their child whatever they want.
- I don't have the skills to increase my income.
- I shouldn't start my side hustle because nobody will want to buy my product or services.
- Everyone in my family has struggled financially, so what makes me so different?
- Making a spending plan for my paychecks takes the fun away from spending.
- I can never be financially secure because so many people rely on me financially.
- My partner takes care of the finances, I don't need to create a financial plan.
- I'm too old to go back to school.
- I don't have the time to learn how to invest.
Noticing these thoughts require self-awareness and compassion. Shower yourself with love as you notice the thoughts that interfere with your wealth building journey.
Don't shame yourself for having these thoughts. They most likely came from other people repeatedly saying them around you.
Learn to distinguish your thoughts from facts.
Decided to provide yourself with alternative narratives.
Love yourself so much that you choose your own thoughts.
And trust me, learning to create your investment portfolio is the easy part. Living mindfully in a way that serves YOUR dreams is the challenge... but I know poco a poco, sí se puede.
Todo con tiempo,
P.S. I have one spot left for financial coaching with a start date in January and three spots with a start date in February. If you (or a loved one) want to work 1:1 conmigo to increase your financial literacy, net worth and money confianza apply to work with me here.